Subject: Re: [boost] xml?
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-09 12:41:42

On 9 April 2010 12:34, Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm still not seeing it :(  I thought algebraic data types were
> one thing OO programming did well.  For example, a stack is
> an ADT and the stl library has a stack.

The problem there is that while the words are right, I don't know of
any case where those two examples are implemented as the words imply.

    class stack : public ADT {};

What goes in the ADT base class that's useful?

Similarly, the library isn't written like this:

    class stl_library {
        stack stack_;
    };

Since the usual OO version of "HAS-A" doesn't work for libraries and types.