Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] Static locale initialisation
From: Alexander Lamaison (awl03_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-11 11:40:25

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:05:40 -0700 (PDT), Artyom wrote:

>>> 4. The last what parameters of CMake did you used when
>> you build
>>>    boost.locale library.
>>
>> I'm afraid I don't understand the question
>>

> I mean had you passed any special parameters to CMake when you configured
> the library?

No, other than having to manually specify the individual ICU DLL paths.

>> I generated the single solution using CMake which puts a
>> debug and release
>> configuration in the same file.  This is how it's
>> supposed to work, right?
>> I didn't run CMake twice to create two seperate solutions.
>>

> Not really... CMake creates a solution for configured build.
> If you need two configurations rerun CMake and create different solution.
>
> See solution is not more then "makefile" or a way to build something.
> You do not change it, you rerun CMake.
>
> I'd suggest build libraries in clean way and add binaries to project
> rather then integrating project to solution.

That's not how CMake works with Visual Studio projects. There is no option
to generate a specific Debug or Release version (the value of
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE) is ignored.

>> I'm not using DLLs here!  My repro code does it with a
>> simple EXE.  All it
>> takes is a single static locale instance.
>
> You are using ICU dlls. And you are using MSVCRT.DLL -- these are DLLs.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to my earlier DLL-unloading problem.

Alex