Subject: Re: [boost] [range] Request to merge minor small defect fixes
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-20 18:24:40

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Neil Groves <neil_at_[hidden]
> >wrote:
>

> > > In the meantime, please take a look at the failures below. These seem
> > be
> > > Boost.Range related problems.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > --Beman
> > >

> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/output/BGD-Ubuntu-boost-bin-v2-libs-foreach-test-user_defined-test-gcc-4-4-1-debug.html
> > >

> > I can look into this one tonight. Thanks for bringing this to my
> attention.
> > I had failed to spot that this was Boost.Range related. I've taken a
> quick
> > glimpse and didn't quite understand why it doesn't work. I'll need to
> spend
> > sometime tonight after work to determine if I can fix this quickly.

Eric Niebler has fixed this on the trunk. The issue was that the
Boost.ForEach test was not implementing the documented Boost.Range extension
interface and ADL failed to find the extension functions. Eric fixed this in
revision 61264 on the trunk but it has not been merged into the release.

> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/output/BGD-Ubuntu-boost-bin-v2-libs-multi_array-test-constructors-test-gcc-4-4-1-debug.html
> >

> > I was aware of this one. I know exactly how to fix this. There are two
> > obvious very simple fixes. Would it be ok to fix this and check in the
> > change since it has been failing for a while?

This was an ambiguous function call look up in the Boost.MultiArray tests.
The tests used a global equal function which was working ok, until I altered
the header file dependencies. Boost.Range now uses the equal algorithm to
implement operator== and for iterator_range. I have altered the
Boost.MultiArray tests to disambiguate the calls to the equal function.

> OK. The beta release candidate build just completed.
>
> Please follow the usual procedure: commit changes to trunk first, and only
> merge to release after trunk tests have cycled.

I shall watch the trunk tests for the next couple of days. If everything
looks good I shall merge the MultiArray unit test changes in. If you would
like I could also merge Eric's changes to the foreach tests at the same
time.

> Thanks,
> --Beman

I hope this helps,