Subject: Re: [boost] [1.43][Serialization] Serialization library seriosly broken
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-25 20:08:17

> Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> >> I've just made a change in void_cast.cpp. I tested it here and
> >> checked
> > into
> >> the trunk(61546).
> >>
> >> Could you test this change ASAP?
> >
> > I will be able to test tomorrow evening only, but I definitely will
> > test.
> >
> > Regards Hartmut
>
> You might want to check the change I made as well. The assert exists in
1.42
> - the only difference in the file - void_cast.cpp is a small change I made
to fix
> a memory leak. I'm not confident that my fix actually fixed it - but of
course
> everything passes here.

I'm sorry to say I recompiled everything against Boost trunk (rev. 61561),
but the problem still persists.

I don't understand what's going on, but I doubt it's a problem directly in
void_cast.cpp. For some reason the type I described gets registered more
than once (definitely from different modules, although dynamically loaded,
none gets unloaded before the assertion). Did you change anything related to
auto-type registration?

Regards Hartmut

Meet me at BoostCon
www.boostcon.com