Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Bonding period
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-28 14:36:53

On 27 April 2010 15:09, Andrew Sutton <andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> == Bjam and Quickbook ==
> Bjam is the build tool used to compile Boost libraries, test suites,
> examples, and applications. For information on writing Bjam project files,
> read the manual, here [5].
>
> Quickbook is the preferred* tool used to document the Boost libraries. It is
> a frontend to the BoostBook XML schema, which is an extension of the DocBook
> schema. The documentation toolchain is used to build online and PDF
> documentation for the Boost libraries. Documentation for writing Quickbook
> files can be found here [6].
>
> * I could be wrong, but it is popular and also quite nice.

There's absolutely no requirement to use quickbook, although we do
prefer it. If you're comfortable with something else, such as Sphinx,
then that's fine.

Just to add to your links, there's a rough getting started guide on
the wiki. It's a bit scrappy, but it's often more helpful that the
boostbook/quickbook documentation.

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted

Daniel