Subject: Re: [boost] [range] Permission to merge extensive documentation workfrom trunk.
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-29 03:34:58

> I will repost my question. I suppose that range_detail can not be used by
> the user, so how the user can declare the variable returned by irange?
>
> iterator_range< ??? > lower_case = irange(0,10);
>
> Should I use Boost.Typeof?

Ah I see that your question was implied by the < ??? >. There were many
questions and it was not obvious that this wasn't just a place holder. I do
see your point now. I've been using irange using type deduction, but this
would definitely be better if the return type were public. I was trying to
avoid adding iterator public types to the range library.

> What about defining a interger_range template class such that
> 'interger_range <T>' is equivalent of 'iterator_range<
> range_detail::integer_iterator<T> >', so the user can declare it as
>
> integer_range< int > lower_case = irange(0,10);

Yes, this looks like the best solution. I shall make this change as soon as
I possibly can get to a computer.

> Best,
> Vicente

Thanks for your persistence. This will definitely improve the library.

Regards,
Neil Groves