Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Third release is ready, requesting preliminary review
From: Marius Stoica (letto2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-01 14:08:01

On Saturday 01 May 2010 18:18:32 Chad Nelson wrote:
> That would simplify things a great deal. I've never tried it though...
> an extra 130K of headers in every source code file that uses the library
> is a little much, isn't it?

I don't think that's an issue. Most(almost all) of that code is conditionally
compiled and the final size of what would end up in a binnary will be very
small. Also let me check some of the other libraries in boost.

Here in alphabethic order (Afaict all of these are header only)
accumulators - 506k
algoritm - 305k
archive - 395k
asio - 1.5MiB
assign - 95k
bitmap - 488k
bind - 177k

Also because ubuntu screwed up their boost doesn't mean that all distros will.
The default compiled behaviour should be the one that works in all cases not
the one that's faster imho.