Subject: Re: [boost] [repost][multiarray] Bug with boost::detail::multi_array::array_iterator on MSVC 2010RC?
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-04 06:32:20

Hi Chris,

Christopher Lux wrote:
> Thanks for the Workaround.
> I do not have a complete overview of the problem, but i am afraid that
> it will hinder the use of VS2010 in many cases. I hope there will be
> some kind of proper workaround or fix to it.

While trying to make progress towards a proper workaround, I found out that the workaround I proposed to you is still buggy. It's not sufficient to change "multi_array/iterator.hpp:56", but you also have to apply the same change to "multi_array/iterator.hpp:74".

The results of my attemps to make progress can be found here:

<http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/05/165798.php>
<http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/05/165810.php>

I don't expect much feedback on this before 15.5.2010 (end of BoostCon...). My initial plan was actually to only resume work on this after that date, and I will probably stick to my intial plan from now on, especially considering the feedback I received up to now.

Regards,
Thomas