Subject: [boost] [website] Smaller favicon.ico file
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-10 11:35:13

Our current favicon.ico file (on www.boost.org) is very large (22k), and
includes several icons that are too large for the standard 16x16 size for
a favicon. Looking at some directions for compressing them, I have
created the attached icon which is only 318 bytes and looks almost as good
as the current icon. It might be worthwhile to consider replacing the
current favicon with this file. It is also available as
https://svn.boost.org/htdocs/site/favicon.ico (the favicon for
svn.boost.org, but your browser is unlikely to use the new icon if you've
downloaded the old one); Dong Inn and I put that in last week as part of
some other performance optimizations in Trac. Purging old favicons from
Firefox's cache is difficult, though, so you may just want to download it
directly and view it in an image viewer.

-- Jeremiah Willcock