Subject: Re: [boost] [LA] vector_traits for setters
From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-10 16:41:37

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Daniel Pfeifer <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The problem is that Qt's vector types have setters and no
> non-const-ref getters.

That is a problem isn't it. :)

> Is there a plan for (Boost).LA to support types with setters?

The reason why the (Boost) LA vector traits set through references and
not through setter functions is potentially better efficiency of
in-place operations like +=, *= etc.

But your feedback means that probably I should change the traits types
to use setters. I think that it is unlikely for that change to lead to
less efficient +=, *= etc. in practice. The change is probably very
simple to make, and I was planning a new release soon anyway, I've
implemented support for quaternions and a few new operations that
seemed useful.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.