Subject: Re: [boost] [website] Dates on pages are always the current date
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-15 06:52:25

On 14 May 2010 18:32, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> One issue I noticed with the Boost documentation pages is that the rendered
> versions always have today's date on them, regardless of which Boost version
> the docs are for.  This means that searches for Boost libraries on Google
> often find pages for old versions in preference to new versions; I think
> that changing the "Date" header to the date of the correct Boost release
> would make Google prefer more up-to-date docs.  Is this a change that is
> easy to make?

The Date header is the date the page was sent on, so you really do
want today's date. I've added the 'last-modified' header on the beta
site, although I don't think google pays that much attention to it
when ranking pages It's mainly used for caching. Come to think of it,
there are some other http headers we could use to speed up the
documentation.

Daniel