Subject: Re: [boost] Is there a plan to provide a C++0x std library repository in Boost?
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-23 22:34:44

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Pavol Droba <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2010 00:27:19 +0200, Dean Michael Berris
> <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Also, just mentioning the algorithms library again, it would be good
>> if we were able to push the string algorithms into the next version of
>> the standard.
>>

> Actually, I did try to push string algorithms to standard. I have written
> two proposals, but I had almost no
> reaction whatsoever. I wish I could do more, but I cannot attend committee
> meetings personally and I don't have
> someone who might be able to argue on the behalf of the library.

It might be too late for 0x, but if things shape up well for the
Philippine representation to the ISO committee for 1x, I might be able
to help out in this regard.

> So unless somebody there takes real interest (in which case I'm eager to
> help), the library will
> probably only stay in the boost.

Another way is if you could work with the compiler/standard-library
vendors so that they can include or implement the string algorithms as
part of their extensions. That's one way of getting approval or
getting wider interest than just posting a paper for the ISO
committee. I may be wrong though but that might be worth a shot too.

> Best Regards,
> Pavol.

Thanks and I hope this helps!

--