Subject: Re: [boost] [polygon] tutorial done and library ready for release
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-24 17:19:15

On 24 May 2010 21:54, Simonson, Lucanus J <lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> *  root/index.html includes the library in its list of new libraries.
> *  root/libs/libraries.htm entry is OK, both in the alphabetic list and in the category lists.
> *  root/libs/maintainers.txt entry is OK.

You can do these (once you've got commit access). Although Beman or I
usually deal with the root file.

> *  website/public_html/beta/feed/history/ entry is OK.
> *  The library has been added to the website documentation list

I normally do these based on your libraries.htm entry. Although if
you're interested the relevant files are at:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/beta/doc/libraries.xml
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/beta/feed/history/boost_1_44_0.qbk

> *  The library's root/libs/xxx directory contains an index.html file with either the main docs or a redirection to the main docs.
>
> I tried to commit to trunk but got a 403 Forbidden error.  Can someone please grant me write access to trunk?

If you don't get a response, I think you need to ask the moderators
(boost-owner_at_[hidden]).

> *  The primary docs pages meet Boost requirements and guidelines. Don't leave this until too late; it has turned up lots of issues in the past.
>
> There were no issues with this flagged during the review, but I have added the copyright notice to all html files since the review after revisiting the guidelines.

I sometimes have a few suggestions that aren't really relevant for the
review. IIRC the html will need to be tidied up a bit to work on the
website. It'd also be better if it used a CSS based layout rather than
a table layout, if you want I could prepare a template for that, what
software do you use to write your html?

I'll look at the documentation in more detail later.

> *  Component has been added to Trac. See  https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/admin/ticket/components
>
> How do I get a login to trac so that I can add the component?

You log in to trac using your subversion details. But you need to ask
someone to add the component. Starting a new thread with '[trac]' in
the subject usually seems to work.

> *  Trunk inspection report is clean.
> *  Trunk regression tests are reasonably clean or marked up.
>
> Where do these reports get posted so that I know how to check them?
> I have run the inspect tool on my code today and cleaned up the errors that crept in since last time.

http://www.boost.org/development/testing.html

Daniel