Subject: Re: [boost] [proposal] The boost.org Maintenance Effort
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-27 05:35:20

On 27 May 2010 09:28, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> It's also really easy to set-up on a Linux machine and start messing around with it.
>
> Ah - but is it easy to use on *all* the various platforms?

I've been running wordpress on windows server for a while. It's not as
good as linux but it has improved considerably over the last few
years. Some plugins do have issues, but that's getting better. I
basically just upgrade it when required and leave it to run itself.
Microsoft has an automatic installer, although I've never tried it:

http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/WordPress.aspx

If you just want to try a local install, you could try using xampp
which sets up apache, mysql and php for you, google 'wordpress xampp'.

Daniel