Subject: Re: [boost] 1.43 build broken on MSVC 8.0
From: Stephan Menzel (stephan.menzel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-14 10:22:23

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 3:48 AM, OvermindDL1 <overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Well as a pure interesting-idea type thing, perhaps a toybjam project,
> just to see if we could get any runtime power/speed in exchange for
> compile-time.  Can add new abilities such as multi-threaded to scan
> multiple directories at the same time, among other features.  May not
> ever be used, but in any case it would make for a fascinating case
> project for Spirit and maybe LLVM too.

Well, this thread moved away from the original command line option
topic, so even though this is certainly a JHWH question:

Didn't you want to move to CMake? Me for one, I would really
appreciate it since meanwhile we do almost everything with CMake and
boost is the only library left with an own solution, which makes it
quite hard to create builds each time a new (or patched) version
appears.
Besides, it would probably integrate nicer in our projects.
Of course these are not really smashing good arguments but still...
isn't it worth considering?

Cheers,
Stephan