Subject: Re: [boost] [math] common_factor template parameters
From: Adam Merz (adammerz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-27 19:13:49

John Maddock <boost.regex <at> virgin.net> writes:
> No idea, but they look like mpl metafunctions. I guess if the mpl guys
> don't want them then Boost.Math could host them, it's really a question of
> where users are mostly likely to go looking for them. I'm not sure what the
> answer to is though...

I'd say they absolutely belong in Boost.Math or Boost.Integer rather than
Boost.MPL. Whether something is a compile-time facility or a run-time facility
should not determine what library it goes in; I'd wager most compile-time
facilities in boost are implemented in terms of MPL. The domain of MPL is
compile-time type sequences and algorithms on those sequences; the domain of
the code in question seems to me to be more strongly related to Boost.Integer's
static_log2 and static_min_max than anything else.