Subject: Re: [boost] [mpi] Boost.MPI broken
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-02 10:03:34

Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
>> It is still broken in the regression tests as of July 1. Is there
>> someone
>> I should email directly to ask about having it fixed?
>
> Looking at the boost users list, I would have guessed that Matthias
> Troyer is the one that does most of the maintenance for Boost.MPI.
> However, according to the link Dave send, Doug Gregor is the
> maintainer. So I took a look at the svn logs, and came to the
> conclusion that both do some maintenance for Boost.MPI.
>
> I think neither Doug nor Matthias will be enthusiastic when they are
> requested to find and fix something that somebody else broke,

I think you're drawing a conclusion here without the requisite understanding
of the issues. I think it would likely be better characterised a MPI
depending
on an implementation detail of the serialization library which had to be
changed
to address some other problem.

>but perhaps it's better than having Boost.MPI broken with nobody fixing it.

Matthias has agreed to look at it.