Subject: Re: [boost] library proposal : odeint
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-08 17:42:17

For those interested in integration of ordinary differential equations this looks most promising, and the docs also look
in good shape (with only a few typos, but some missing links to code snippets?).

But any differential equations are a niche market and I suspect that few Boosters currently tracking the list are expert
in this field (not me ;-).

Do not let the absence of immediate enthusiasm put you off, but building a group of users who find it useful (and have
some expertise in this field) would be good. Putting this in the sandbox is a good start signalling some maturity.

I have one question - have you considered if your library will 'play nicely' with the Boost.Units library? If it will,
the units error detection and convenience of output with units, would seem to make it much more attractive.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse