Subject: Re: [boost] [BGL] Stoer–Wagner min-cut algorithm
From: Daniel Trebbien (dtrebbien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-15 08:45:50

> Could you please write this up into a shell script, listing the names of
> your dot files and what rendering program you used for each?

Hello Jeremiah,

I apologize for the delay.

Attached is a shell script that will generate GIF images using
Graphviz. Unfortunately, it seems that when I tried this script using
version 2.26.3 (20100126.1600) of Graphviz on Debian Squeeze, the
generated images were different than the images that I generated with
Graphviz version 2.24.0 (20090616.2323) on Windows. Currently I do not
see a way to use the newer versions of Graphviz to generate the same,
or similar, images because I do not think that the DOT format allows
fine-tuned control over where nodes are drawn in the images.

Also, I experimented with using <boost/graph/dimacs.hpp> and
<boost/graph/read_dimacs.hpp> instead of `parse_noigen.hpp`, but I
think that the "NOIGEN format" is a modification of the DIMACS format.
As explained on http://www.avglab.com/andrew/CATS/maxflow_formats.htm
, DIMACS uses "n" lines, whereas NOIGEN does not. This is why the BGL
DIMACS parsing utilities kept throwing exceptions.

Daniel