Subject: Re: [boost] Fisher Exact test in boost ?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 06:03:02

> I am brand new to this mailing list so I apologize in advance for the
> naivety of my request.
>
> I am looking for an implementation of the Fisher exact test in C/C++, and
> was somehow hoping to find one in boost.
>
> I have looked at the documentation of boost and and found many
> statistical tools, but not the one I am looking for.
> The closest I got was a discussion in the mailing archive in 2008 on the
> use of the hypergeometric distribution to perform such implementation
> Was any progress made since then ? Could I now get the cdf, pmf and sf
> from an hypergeometric distribution ? or even better a Fisher exact test
> directly ?

There's no direct test (but if you'd like to submit one as an example that
would be great!), the hypergeometric is in Boost.Math now:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_toolkit/dist/dist_ref/dists/hypergeometric_dist.html
and I believe supports all the operations you need to conduct the test.

HTH, John.