Subject: Re: [boost] New name of bjam.exe
From: Klaim (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 14:18:51

Hello

This suggestion:

> Use a decorrelated name (e.g 'stand'), or something that has no explicit meaning, like foreign language ('brik'), or acronyms (many already proposed). If it's possible avoid numbers, I have the feeling it ships better.

Made me think of the word "grok".
Maybe that can be a direction, or not. ( bgrok? bbgrok? just grok? )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok

The previous propositions also made me think of something "tool"
based, as it's a "boost(ified/er) build tool" : bbtool
Seems less problematic than bb

Or maybe something more explicit : "generate" : bgen ?

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 19:55, Bo Persson <bop_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>> I think we should immediately remove both boob, baby and babe from
>> the list.
>>
>> Google searches will be too revealing ;-)
>>
>> Paul
>
> And how good is B2 ?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-2_Spirit
>

> or BBL?
>
> http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/BBL
>
> Be Back Later sounds bad for a fast(?) build system
>

> and if we want to avoid religious connection, how good is BBT?
>
> Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
>
> http://www.krishna.se/
>

> Bo Persson

>>> bbv2