Subject: Re: [boost] new library (space partitioning)
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-26 18:59:33

Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:
> On 7/26/2010 1:35 PM, Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's my first message so I'd like to introduce myself. My name's Adam
>> Wulkiewicz, I'm a doctoral student of Technical University of Lodz,
>> Poland.
>>
>> I'd like to take part in evolution of Boost library. I've implemented
>> some space partitioning data structures and k-dimensional
>> generalizations of STL containers and thought that since these kind of
>> containers are useful to many people it would be nice to have them in
>> Boost.
> [...]
>
> I'm interested.
>
> How does this compare to the facilities that CGAL offers? (I have taken
> only a cursory glance at CGAL's space partitioning data structures...)
>
> I believe you can upload to the Boost Vault
> (http://www.boostpro.com/vault/), or just upload to your public_html
> space that your university provides (if it does).

I don't know about all features of CGAL either. I see that there is a
kd-tree but I think it's a point version. The rest of these algorithms/
data structures are desined just for 2D and 3D data (Which is wierd
because their AABBTree should be implemented as n-dimensional data
structure). This kind of library should be fully n-d, with
interchangable containers. What is more, there is no regular grid which
is good for dynamically changing data.

By the way, how the process of incorporation of new library looks like?
When the library is good for become a candidate? Where it should be
placed etc.?