Subject: Re: [boost] [MPL] More lazy evaluation, for ease of use?
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-31 09:26:17

On Jul 30, 2010, at 6:48 PM, jcarey_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I think it would be helpful if all Sequences, Iterators, and Lambda Expressions were also nullary Metafunctions returning themselves. (In particular, it would be nice if generic containers designed for lazy data could accommodate Lambda Expressions.)

Not sure what you mean by that last part, but you might have a look at Vesa Karvonen's post: http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2004/10/74984.php and the ensuing thread, oh, and the update. Actually, maybe http://tinyurl.com/lazympl is the best place to look.

I did some work on this myself a couple of years ago and had lots of fun at it, but had some trouble figuring out how to make sure it was efficient. It seemed like compilers were not well-adapted to full laziness. A message I sent to Vesa about it is enclosed.

attached mail follows:

--
David Abrahams
BoostPro Computing