Subject: Re: [boost] Any interest in creating new CORBA IDL to C++ mapping?
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-02 23:05:26

On 08/02/2010 07:58 PM, Johnny Willemsen wrote:
> I am aware of this mapping for DDS, it is a first step in a direction,
> but very focused on just DDS. I have asked the DDS vendors if they want
> to go a step further and make a full new IDL to C++ mapping, but they
> don't want to do that effort.

I would hope all would somehow agree that commonality over the shared
part of the IDL is worth aiming for. The problem I guess is that the
DDS vendors does not have time to wait.

> In TAO we have recently added some prototype support to use a
> std::vector for a CORBA sequence. We want to really make a new mapping,

It is unclear to me if you indicate that you tried the proposed DDS
solutions and found them too be less than you desire, or that you tried
them and realized that it is the way too go for CORBA as well?

If part of your rationale is that CORBA need, or may need, a different
mapping than the new DDS mapping for the shared parts. Could you please
share this rationale.

--
Bjørn