Subject: Re: [boost] [bcp] Bcp namespace rename causes compile errors on multiple libraries (type_traits, range, spirit, foreach, regex, iostreams) in 1.43
From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-04 14:51:30

> John Maddock, 6/10/2010: I believe bcp on current Trunk is now doing the
> right thing by all the Boost libraries.

Hi John - wanted to report that bjam builds for the Boost libraries now work
on both VS2005 and g++ 4.1.2 using the namespace rename (and alias) features
of bcp. This was using a SVN snapshot from a couple of weeks ago.

I just downloaded the beta release candidate and will try a more in-depth
test. Hopefully I can do this before the 1.44 release is ready.

What I've done (with the snapshot from a couple of weeks ago) and what I
still would like to do with the beta release candidate:

Done: Performed bcp extract and namespace rename / alias on all Boost
libraries. Invoked bjam in Boost root and built (the small subset) of
libraries that require a build, VS2005 (Windows), g++ 4.12 (Linux).

Would like to do: Perform test and / or example builds for all Boost
libraries, VS2005, g++ 4.1.2 (this would hopefully catch any header-only
library namespace problems).

Will do: Build our own application with the renamed namespaces (we are
currently using only a small subset of Boost, but that will change soon).

I'll let you know right away if I run into problems.

There's a few enhancements that would be nice for the bcp namespace
features, but I'll post those in a separate e-mail in a few minutes.

Thanks for the updates!

Cliff