Subject: Re: [boost] [chrono] Compatibility issues with 1.44
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-09 12:13:49

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roland Bock" <rbock_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 7:10 AM

> On 08/08/2010 01:22 PM, Roland Bock wrote:
>> Vicente Botet Escriba wrote:
>>>
>>> Roland Bock-2 wrote:

> Just tested with the version from the sandbox:
>
> * no compile errors
> * the warnings are still there (see patch from 4th of August)

I will introduce your patch once I have checked the warnings are removed.

> * Admittedly, I am a bit worried by the amount of changes that chrono
> introduces to Boost.Thread.

The changes are associated to the changes N3090 introduce to the C++0x standard. The changes introduced to Boost.Thread are more an example of implementability on top of the current Boost.Thread, and are not part of the Boost.Chono library. I will let Anthony make the modification he consider pertinent once Boost.Chrono will be in Boost.

Best,
Vicente