Subject: Re: [boost] [svn sandbox] ([statistics] ?)
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jhellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-10 15:14:47

On 8/10/2010 11:49 AM, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:
>
>> When I try to SVN update the sandbox, I get the following error message:
>>
>> Update
>> Can't create directory
>> 'D:\boost-svn\boost-sandbox\statistics\support\boost\assign\v2\chain\aux':
>> The
>> directory name is invalid.
>
> Isn't "aux" a reserved name in Windows? I know it used to be, but I'm
> not completely sure now.

A search through the sandbox repo for "aux" reveals directories and
files with "aux_" and "auxiliary", but no "aux" just by itself, so
you're probably not the only one that thinks that.

And judging by a google search and an actual attempt at creating an
"aux" folder on my desktop, it does look like "aux" is indeed a reserved
name on windows...

Would it be possible for the creator of the "statistics" folder to
change the directory of "aux" to, e.g., "aux_" ? I have modified the
subject in the hopes that this will more likely be seen by the
appropriate party.

- Jeff