Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Wide Character Backend file problems
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-15 06:31:24

On 08/15/2010 12:31 PM, Sivaram Kannan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to create a log file with wide character support. Similar code
> with normal character support works well, where as for wide character
> support the log file itself is not getting created. Here is the code for
> both types. Can someone tell me, what am I missing with the wide character
> type. The code compiles, but the log file alone is not getting created when
> the program is run.

The add_common_attributes function works for narrow-character logging.
Wide-character counterpart is wadd_common_attributes. This may be the
culprit, since the standard attributes are not found by the formatter
and thus no log record passes to the sink. You should be able to see
that by exceptions that are thrown by the formatter, unless you suppress
them.