Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in specialized types
From: John Bytheway (jbytheway+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-27 13:36:27

On 23/08/10 08:49, Henning Basold wrote:
> You are right that the current state does not really show good
> applications. I will think and come back with some (hopefully good)
> examples. Maybe someone already has one. I would be happy to hear about
> them.

I often use an 'identifier' integer-wrapper which supports incrementing
(pre- and post-), equality-comparison, conversion to and from string,
and serialization (and conversion to and from the underlying integers
for when you really have to). In particular I'd encourage you to
support serialization if you hadn't thought of that yet.

John Bytheway