Subject: Re: [boost] [Castor] FYI : Castor 1.1 & Boost
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-28 15:26:33

Eric Niebler wrote:

>> From looking at the code, it appears it has a hand-rolled expression
> template solution. Roshan, if you foresee ever wanting to do
> manipulations and optimization of the ET before evaluating it, or
> integrating your Logic DSEL with the other DSELs in Boost, I suggest
> looking into Boost.Proto. Should Castor ever come up for review, this
> will undoubtedly be some feedback you'll get.

I just looked at the web page and also attended your talk at BoostCon.

Very intriguing piece of work.

A couple of observations:

a) The web link permits one to download a zip file. But it would
be handy for more casually interested observers to be able
to browse the documentation right on the site.

b) I'm thinking that this contains a "hand rolled" co-routine
library. We brought up this before. I've used the co-routine
library submitted to boost and found it very well documented
and useful. It's a shame that this hasn't been reviewed
and included in boost. The "hand rolled" versions of
existing libraries is something that I'm not a fan of.

Your library is very interesting but this will come
up as a serious issue if it's reviewed.

Robert Ramey