Subject: Re: [boost] Towards a Warning free code policy proposal
From: Peter Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-31 10:06:17

> We already have quite a lot on this at
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/WarningsGuidelines
> (but more expert input/correction/improvement is very welcome. You can edit
> it, or I will handle the editorial bit if that is easier).

Not "expert" input, but the table under Specific Warnings and
Suggested Actions :: Microsoft is barely readable for me (Firefox
3.6.8). Can't the columns in row i have the same width as the columns
in row j for all i,j?

On the issue of a casting between signed and unsigned types (error
4244 in VC), I am a bit concerned I am missing something. Why is there
significant discussion about choosing which cast to make the warning
go away? I am labouring under the impression that boost::numeric_cast
was invented to do those conversions?

Pete