Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Boost.Process done
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-03 18:26:46

On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:58:10 +0200, Wolfgang Fertsak
<wolfgang.fertsak_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 02.09.2010 23:39, Boris Schaeling wrote:
>> What exactly sounds good? The first or second proposal? :-)
>>
>> I think we should go with the first one. Adapting the standard behavior
>> to a platform is nice, too. However I'm a bit worried that developers
>> expect a consistent behavior across all platforms.
>>
>> Boris
>
> Sorry...I also meant the first one - consistency is more important!
> "Guessing" what kind of application is being built sounds a bit too
> "adventurous" :-)

The default behavior of a context class should still be inheriting
standard streams though? Given that there are countless combinations of
stream behaviors possible we either provide a default behavior or require
developers to explicitly set stream behaviors for all standard streams?

Boris