Subject: Re: [boost] Scalpel: a Spirit&Wave-powered C++ source code analysis library
From: Nelson, Erik - 2 (erik.l.nelson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-06 22:01:38

Sebastian Redl wrote on Monday, September 06, 2010 8:51 PM

>>On Sep 6, 2010, at 5:32 PM, Nelson, Erik - 2 wrote:
>> Last time I looked at Clang, it wasn't compilable with MSVC- is my
>> memory accurate?

>It's probably accurate, but also outdated. Clang can
>be compiled by Visual Studio (many thanks to Steven Watanabe,
>by the way). What Clang can't do yet is parse VS's own headers,
>at least not enough of them for reasonable programs.
>So you have to use MinGW's headers.

It's great that folks are working hard on it, but it's simply a
nonstarter (for me, and I expect many others) to have to install yet
another environment (MinGW) in order to use it.

One of the greatest things about Boost is that it was designed from the
ground up to be portable, and it "just works" (most of the time).

Erik