Subject: Re: [boost] [guidelines] why template errors suck
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-24 18:05:36

On 9/24/2010 12:00 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> This is borderline self-promotion and I fretted posting this. But we a
> community of advanced C++ library developers and I'd really like
> feedback about these issues. And they really do involve Boost library
> development. If we could reach agreement about these techniques, we
> might want to integrate them into Boost's coding guidelines.
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/diddg/expressive_c_why_template_errors_suck_and_what/
>
> Comments?

Your URL does not say anything. If you have some point, why not just say
it here.

No C++ programmer is seriously going to stop using templates in his
code, but I am sure you know that being one of the expert template
metaprogrammers among those who create Boost libraries. But I have a
feeling you have something else on your mind, but your URL does not say
what it is.