Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45] Beta next week?
From: Sergey Voropaev (serge-voropaev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-15 00:29:23

Beman Dawes <bdawes <at> acm.org> writes:

> If anyone know of any showstoppers, please let us know what the problem is.

I think boost::serialization library has very serious flaw. It is lack of
backward compatibility for binary archive. I discovered this problem when I did
upgrade from 1.34 to 1.43 and 1.44 versions of BOOST. 1.44 library can not work
with old binary archive. The reason - format of binary header of archive has
been changed.
I think 1.45 version should be corrected for this problem and/or we should place
some announcement about recommendation not to use the 1.44 version to work with
binary archive.

See:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/208588