Subject: Re: [boost] [property_tree] Copy constructor and assignment operator in xml_writer_settings class
From: mloskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-18 08:22:34

Sebastian Redl wrote:

> On 18.10.2010 12:22, mloskot wrote:
>> mloskot wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What is recommended or required policy regarding copy
>>> operations for types which consist of const data members, within Boost?
>>>
>>> I'm having problem with understanding why the xml_writer_settings class
>>> do not have the copying operations disabled.
>
> Why would it? There's nothing semantically wrong with copying a settings
> object. It's just not very useful.

Looking at the current definition [1], I'm not convinced.
According to C++(n3092)/12.8/25, assignment operator for this class is
defined as
deleted due to "non-static data members of const non-class type".

[1]
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/boost/property_tree/detail/xml_parser_writer_settings.hpp?rev=61609#L33

Best reagards,

-----