Subject: Re: [boost] How about a call for bug-fix volunteers?
From: Arindam (arindam.mukerjee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 18:32:54

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Jim Bell <Jim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Library authors shouldn't have to bear the burden of bug reports for
> > their libraries alone. Even maintaining their regression tests across
> > all platforms isn't realistic (and isn't being done).
>
> <snip great ideas>
>
> Boost.Apprenticeship?
> Jim, I think it would be awesome if you would like to run a program
> like this! Obviously it would take a lot of cooperation from library
> authors and the rest of the community, but to make something like this
> work I think it needs a coordinator. What do you say?

I would love to sign up as an apprentice. I have worked off and on as C++
developer and have used some Boost libraries at work. I have also some
experience as a freelance C++ instructor where I have tried my hand at
teaching some of the Boost libraries. I have access to the following
resources:
1. OpenSuSE 11.2 laptop with gcc 4.3.2 as well as MSVC 2008 on Windows XP.
2. Sandboxes of boost 1.44 and bjam source code and should have no problems
upgrading this.
3. About 1 hour daily on weekdays and 4 hours daily on weekends to devote to
this.

Regards,
Arindam