Subject: Re: [boost] [function] new implementation
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-30 20:52:04

"Lars Viklund" <zao_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Quick tests show that (assuming I have grafted it into my 1.44 tree
> properly), this "drop-in" replacement does not work on neither VisualAge
> C/C++ 11.1 and SunStudio 12 (Sun C++ 5.9).

I would expect that the proposed code does not yet compile on the more
defficient compilers as I first focused on getting a version working on more
recent/more compliant compilers. As such there are certainly still places in
code that rely on/use things like SFINAE and 'too-optimistic' use of
integral constant compile time logic that is known to choke weaker
compilers. When I get the time I will do some cleaning things up in this
regard, however I unfortunately do not have access to the platforms you
mentioned...but if you are interested and are willing to help maybe we can
solve the issues you face ;)

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than