Subject: Re: [boost] Bug-fix volunteers: risks, downsides?
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-03 12:34:47

On 1:59 PM, David Abrahams wrote:
> At Tue, 02 Nov 2010 16:16:37 -0500,
> Jim Bell wrote:

>>> That sounds much harder than simply running "bjam" in the library's
>>> test/ subdirectory.
>>>
>> Thanks! That does sound much easier. I didn't see that anywhere in the docs.
> That's a cryin' shame. Everyone seems to think they need to generate
> HTML, etc. etc. in order to run the tests, when all you need is bjam.

Could we add a section to
<http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html>,
describing running tests locally? (Or at least a link to the page
describing this?) That's the only documentation I've found (though I
could easily have missed something).

I've burned a few hours on this. (And, more importantly, perceived it to
be a difficult thing to do in isolation.)

Will all command lines (i.e., compiler/linker flags) be identical to the
real regression tests?