Subject: Re: [boost] [function] new implementation
From: Domagoj Saric (domagoj.saric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-04 05:57:49

"Frank Mori Hess" <frank.hess_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Do you plan to use variadic templates when they are available from the
> compiler? In case you aren't already aware, there is also a version of
> Boost.Function in the sandbox that supports a variadic template
> implementation, which you might be able to suck some code out of for your
> version:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/boost0x/boost/function

Hi, thanks for the link...I wasn't aware of this side-development...
In any case, I'd certainly want variadic template support. However,
considering that my knowledge of the subject is mostly purely informational
and that, for such a low level library, supporting old(er) and/or deficient,
but still used, compilers is a higher priority this will have to
wait...probably until MSVC++ finally implements variadic templates...

But if you or someone else is willing to join/help they are more than
welcome...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than