Subject: Re: [boost] [config] compiler/gcc.hpp version 4.5 to update
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-13 08:07:29

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:44 AM

> >in gcc.hpp the last know version is 4.4
>
> Oops, do you want to go ahead and fix that in Trunk?

Unfortunately I have no access to the Trunk yet. But I will provide you a path on the meantime.

>>Is there any new features that should be updated for gcc-4.5?
>
> I don't believe so, I did a quick check of the gcc-4.5 config last week, I
> didn't double check in C++0x mode though if you want to check that.

gcc-4.5 includes:
New wording for C++0x lambdas N2927 GCC 4.5
Explicit conversion operators N2437 GCC 4.5
Unicode string literals N2442 GCC 4.5
Raw string literals N2442 GCC 4.5
Universal character name literals N2170 GCC 4.5
No Standard Layout Types N2342 GCC 4.5
Local and unnamed types as template arguments N2657 GCC 4.5

I guess the test don't take care of all these features.

>>Even if gcc-4.6 has not been released yet it will be useful to update the
>>file for this version also. In particular I'm interested in the consexpr
>>feature.
>
> We don't normally introduce config changes for unreleased compilers - but if
> you can test this then by all means fix Trunk.

I have some doubts about the procedure. In order to check the flags that must be defined, should I run the

bjam config_info config_test toolset=gcc-4.4.0 cxxflags="-std=c++0x
bjam config_info config_test toolset=gcc-4.5.0 cxxflags="-std=c++0x
bjam config_info config_test toolset=gcc-4.6.0 cxxflags="-std=c++0x

and compare the outputs?

Best,
Vicente