Subject: Re: [boost] [Chrono][Ratio] Patch for VC9 ICE
From: David Deakins (ddeakins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-16 22:40:51

On 11/16/2010 1:29 PM, vicente.botet wrote:
> From: "David Deakins"<ddeakins_at_[hidden]>
>
>>> - Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any problems?
>>
>> Yes, with VC9 SP1 on Win7. I ran into some minor issues with pieces of
>> the ratio library triggering internal compiler errors on VC9, but I was
>> able to resolve these. I also noticed that the jam files for the
>> regression tests reference test files that did not seem to be included
>> in the distribution in the sandbox. Both of these should be easily fixed.
>
> Could you send me the errors and how you solved them?
> Could you give me the name of the files. Maybe I missed the commit of these files?

Here is an example of the kind of compiler errors that I was seeing on
VC9 SP1 when I ran the Chrono and Ratio regression tests:

..\libs\ratio\test\..\example\si_physics.cpp(199) : fatal error C1001:
An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
(compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1411)
  To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program
near the locations listed above.
Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
  Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
Internal Compiler Error in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN\cl.exe. You will be prompted to send an error report to
Microsoft later.

Attached is the patch to boost/ratio/ratio.hpp that seems to prevent
these errors.

Also attached is a patch file showing the regression tests that I had to
comment out in the chrono test jamfile because they didn't appear to be
in the sandbox.

I'll send more info about the WinCE 5 stuff in the near future (those
adjustments were a little bit more extensive).

Thanks,
-Dave