Subject: Re: [boost] review request: addition to type_traits library ofhas_operator_xxx
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-17 20:59:47

On 17 November 2010 16:23, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Alternatively I could even see putting all the operator traits in their own
> namespace of 'boost::operators', dropping the 'operator_' in their name, and
> allowing the end-user to surface them to just the 'boost' namespace via a
> using declaration as they like. But then again, I am a very strong supporter
> of namespaces and allowing the end-user to expose what they want from
> namespaces via 'using'.

The problem, of course, is when you need them in a header, where using
declarations cannot be scoped. This makes Boost.Multi-index a bit
unwieldly, for example.

I really don't mind if it gets spelled with namespaces instead of
underscores, but a using declaration is not a motivation for it.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404