Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45.0] Release candidates available
From: Christopher Schmidt (mr.chr.schmidt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-19 03:36:57

Beman Dawes schrieb:

>>> It's not a killer for the release (and my apologies for not looking at this
>>> earlier), but I'm unable to build the PDF's for this release, bjam fails
>>> with:
>>>
>>> error: Unable to find file or target named
>>> error: '../../../LICENSE_1_0.txt'
>>> error: referred from project at
>>> error: '../../tools/build/v2/engine/doc'
>>>
>>> I'll look into disabling Boost.Build's docs for now,
>>
>> I've created the 1.45.0 folder on SourceForge, but haven't uploaded files yet.
>>
>> I'll hold for couple of hours to see if you can find a fix. It would
>> have to be very low risk, however.
>
> Nothing from John, so I'll continue with the release process.
>
> --Beman

We got an issue in Spirit. I am responsible for that. See these posts

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.spirit.devel/3874
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.spirit.devel/3875

for more information.
There is completely new, partially broken code that does not interfere
with existing code. The fix is trivial and definitely does not worse
things at all as the existing code is just plain wrong. It can't get
worse than that.
Is there any chance to get the patch in 1.45 - or at least a note in the
docs of Spirit linking to a trac ticket with the patch?

I apologize for the inconvenience. I am really sorry :(

Best regards,
Christopher