Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45.0] release note are insufficient [Polygon]
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-22 18:55:12

Akira.T wrote:
> 2010/11/23 Simonson, Lucanus J <lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]>:
>> We did, however, overlook updating the release notes to reflect the
>> inclusion of the bug fixes. The bugs in question were never filed
>> in trac (that I know of). It isn't clear to me that all changes to
>> libraries need to be mentioned in the release notes.
>
> Because I fail to understand contents of change of Polygon by
> commitment message or Trac, either, it indicated, but judgment of
> release notes is left to you.

You would have had to look at all the commits to the trunk after the previous commit to the release branch to track down what changed between merges to the release branch. The detailed commit messages go to the trunk and the release branch gets "merge from trunk" or "syncing up with trunk" because it is bundling together many changes made to the trunk since the last time the branches were merged.

>> I have noted that there has already been some usage of Boost.Polygon
>> in Japan. There was a presentation on Boost.Polygon usage in
>> Japanese that I saw a couple months back.
>
> I am holding the Boost.StudyMeeting(japanese translation is
> "Boost.勉強会") irregularly.
> A participant is around 100 persons each time.
> There was a presentation of the usage which combined Boost.Polygon and
> OpenGL in December, last year.

That was the one I saw.

Regards,
Luke