Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45.0] release note are insufficient
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-23 04:02:38

On 23 November 2010 08:15, Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> There are other bugfixes from PTree in the release too, but I don't feel the
> need to edit the release notes just because a few bugfixes went in. Should
> I?

Opinions vary. I originally felt that the release notes should reflect
more significant changes. Bug fixes could be mentioned in individual
library change logs (maybe adding links to the release notes). But a
lot of people seem to want the release notes to include every bug fix.
We could split the notes into 'major' and 'minor' changes, it's mainly
due to inertia that they're organized the way they are.

Anyway, we can add notes after the release if you wish. It's best to
do it in one big push, as it currently causes the notes to appear in
people's feed readers again.

Daniel