Subject: Re: [boost] Library for configuration file parsing
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-28 04:07:28

On 11/25/2010 05:59 PM, Denis Shevchenko wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Is there any interest in a library for configuration file parsing?

Yes, but why do you propose a new library rather than proposing
extensions to existing ones?

I really would like a better separation of how this sort of data is
stored externally and how it is accessed internally by application code
through the library API. Both program options and serialization provide
that to some degree. I am not sure of how this is with PropertyTree
which is a third boost alternative. I think program options lacks some
of the desired flexibility for structure, necessity and validation, but
that could possibly be added rather than making an all new library which
will be confusing me and others even more.

In any case, thanks for working on this,

--
Bjørn