Subject: Re: [boost] Library for configuration file parsing
From: Denis Shevchenko (for.dshevchenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-02 09:02:00

On 02.12.2010 16:08, Giorgio Zoppi wrote:
> Why don't use boost::spirit?
>
> Cheers,
> Giorgio.
Hello Giorgio!

As I said, one thing what library can do, and another thing - what it is
intended for. Destination of Boost.Spirit, as it is written in the
documentation: "LL parser framework represents parsers directly as EBNF
grammars in inlined C++". Destination of my Configurator: "easy and
flexible work with configuration files". My library designed ONLY for
this task and nothing more, because I adhere to the principle of "one
task - one library".Even a C++-novice can use my library within 3
minutes after downloading, because it has a very simple interface, but
it lets to work with files on the level of complexity comparable to
httpd.conf.

My target - useful features on the one hand and maximum simplicity of
usage on the other.

- Denis