Subject: Re: [boost] [netlib] Update: 0.9 will not be header-only
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-05 23:30:55

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 2:02 AM, joel falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> In my own experience, problem lies in Proto/MPL/Fusion preprocessor time
> more than anything else.
> MPL became managable thansk to the preprocessed headers, maybe Fusion,Proto
> and maybe Spirit should do
> the same

+1

Does anybody have an idea on how this can be done? I seem to recall
that GCC only had options for preprocessing when compiling an object
file -- that would mean for making a .cpp file for each of the headers
that need to be pre-processed independently, running it through the
compiler's preprocessor (or wave) to get the appropriate output.

Maybe someone already has a script to do that which can be adapted?

--
Dean Michael Berris
deanberris.com