Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review of IO and Toolbox extensions to Boost.GIL starts TOMORROW
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-09 06:14:29

On 08/12/10 20:43, Andreas Pokorny wrote:
> 2010/12/7 Domagoj Saric<dsaritz_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> IMO the easiest way to handle the setjmp/longjmp issues for those
>> that have to use the LibJPEG and/or LibPNG backends would be to
>> simply skip the xjmp functions altogether and throw proper C++
>> exceptions from the error handlers...This might require
>> (re)building the backend lib (and possibly linking statically) with
>> C++ exceptions enabled on some platforms but this might prove to be
>> easier in the end/long run...
>

> I think we should get rid of those backends entirely. Phil stated
> interesting use cases in a different thread, that might not be
> accomplished with these libraries. Additionally to that I made bad
> experiences with libpng and non broken but somehow not conformant
> png images.

Andreas,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
However, I'm afraid I am not sure how to count your post.

Shall we consider your post as a review and voting?
If yes, I'm afraid it is not complete enough to be taken as a review.

Would you be willing to post more complete review and
clearly cast your vote by specifying "yes" or "no"?

Best regards,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org